Thursday, February 26, 2009

Condemnation

I can spend a lot of time dwelling on guilt and condemnation for my sins and wrongs. I think it is something that a lot of us do... whether they are things that have been recent or are long in our past. Whether those sins seem small or great. But lately God has been working in me and showing me that He does not condemn me and I am free from the guilt of my mistakes.

It started while reading Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer. She made this statement:

"How much time are you going to waste in guilt and condemnation?"

And that's the truth of it. It IS wasted time.

Then, while still thinking about that, a few days later while reading my Psalm section in my Bible in a Year I read this...

You have made my days a mere handbreadth; the span of my years is as nothing before you. Each man's life is but a breath. Psalm 39:5

Immediately after reading the phrase "each man's life is but a breath" I felt like God was asking me "What are you going to do with it?" I felt this so strong that I stopped to highlight the phrase in my Bible and wrote the question beside it. I have not been able to get it out of my head for a few days now. Life is short.... don't waste it living in guilt and condemnation.

After that I was reminded of Romans 8:1...

Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

Ok. Sounds good. But then I realized that I wasn't REALLY sure that I knew what the word condemnation meant. The only thing that came to mind was a judge sentencing someone. So... I looked up the definition and found that condemnation means "the act of condemning or the state of being condemned." Not a lot of help... so I looked up condemn.

Condemn: 1. to pronounce an unfavorable or adverse judgement on; express strong disapproval of 2. to give grounds or reason for convicting or for censure 3. to pronounce to be guilty; sentence to punnishment 4. to judge or pronounce to be unfit for use or service 5. to declare incurable.

Good news!!! I am not condemned!! God does not disapprove of me! I am not guilty! I do not have to be sentenced to punnishment! I am still fit for use or service and I am curable! :) God is good!

I started reading a book by John Bevere the other day and he said...

"Time misused can never be recovered. Once the sun goes down the day is forever gone."

Today is the day to stop wasting and misusing your time living in guilt and condemnation. Confess your sins to God and leave them at His feet. Then receive His forgiveness and go and sin no more!

Pslam 103:10-12
He does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities. For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him; as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...