Monday, February 9, 2009

Love Languages.

A while ago I read the book The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman and I was certain that my primary love language was words of affirmation. And it DEFINITELY was not gifts. It made sense at the time. I told Mike that is what I thought it was and he agreed that it made sense.

I was wrong.

I've been paying more attention lately. I've changed my mind. I think my primary love language actually is gifts. And I am not saying that just to get nice things from Mike! It's my love language. No doubt about it. God was showing me this week that I even get giddy over every answered prayer because I see each answer as a gift. I feel loved.

It all really does make sense too now that I think about it. Usually a person shows love in the way they like to receive love. I looove giving gifts! I would spend all my money buying gifts for people. And not just any gift... It needs to be meaningful, thoughtful.

I'm pretty sure that I won't be changing my mind again. I've got it all figured out. Primary love language is gifts. Secondary love language is quality time.

Now if I could just figure out what Mike's love language is! (He doesn't even have a guess... not much help!)

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...