Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Trust in God

Everyone seems to be watching the news lately and talking about the latest store closings and layoffs and how bad the economy is. Everyone is worried. Everyone is wondering how this will all get fixed.

I see a lot of people putting their hope and trust in the government to take care of them and "bail them out." To create jobs for them. To take away all their problems.

Even today in my Bible study we talked for a while about how bad things were and someone said "I don't know what it is going to take to fix all this mess." HELLO! Ummm.... let's try GOD!

In the Bible God says....

Don't worry about what you will eat or drink or wear. I take care of the birds. Do you think I won't take care of YOU!?! Just trust in me. Be obedient and have faith. Give me all your worries. I care about you and I will take care of you.

God is the answer this country needs... not more government. Be careful not to let it become your idol.

A woman in my Bible study group shared with us an amazing story and testimony of God in her life. Years ago her husband didn't have work for 27 months! She said they sold everything in the house but the kids beds. One time there were only two cans of soup in the cupboard and they would eat that for lunch but didn't know what they would have for dinner. But she said she never went without. Time and time again God used others to bless her and her family. Bills got paid on time. Food was always on the table. For 27 months!!!! God took care of their every need.

He will do the same for you. Trust in Him.

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...