Saturday, February 21, 2009

Weekend Getaway

Mike and I had a really great time during our three days without the kids. Because Mike doesn't work in the winter it made the babysitting arrangements easy. We drove to my parents on Thursday and spent the night there. In the morning we woke up, got ready, got the kids breakfast and said goodbye. We were off! For three whole days!!!

We spent our weekend in Erie. We planned over Christmas that we would take Valentine's weekend and go there. After decided that I was talking to my best friend... they had received a package deal to Splash Lagoon and were planning to go the same weekend as we were.... and they had two tickets they weren't going to use!!! So we got to go to Splash Lagoon for free.

Splash Lagoon
is an indoor water park and it was sooo much fun to be swimming and riding the slides in the middle of winter. All that was needed was a good dose of sunshine. The slides were great fun. A lot of them were completely dark and I like control and I like to be able to see where I am going so the first few times down were tough for me haha. But I got used to it. I think my favorite thing though was that a lot of the slides were tube rides and they had double tubes... so Mike and I got to go down together.

We spent one morning at the Family First Sports Park. We had seen a brochure and it had a coupon for mini golf... buy one get one game. So we did. We went early in the morning so we ended up being the only people on the course. It was great. We had a blast and made fun of each other a lot. I won. :)



After golfing we checked out the arcade. Again there was no one else around. We were about to put our quarters in the skee ball game when we realized it took tokens. Kind of confusing because they had a quarter machine nearby. One of the workers saw what was happening and told us to go to the counter and he would get us some tokens.... nice guy.... he didn't make us pay for them because of the confusion and we got a whole handful of tokens for FREE! I won skee ball too. :)



We went out to eat for all our meals.... I think I am still full a week later. I always enjoy going out to restaurants that we don't have in town... we got to go to TGIFridays and Golden Corral. The buffet at Golden Corral is huge and they have everything you could ever want to eat. And the dessert buffet..... massive. I could have gained ten pounds if I wanted to.

I really enjoyed the whole weekend. It was so fun to just be "Laura and Mike" for a few days and not have to worry about being being "mom and dad".

We are so thankful for the people in our life that are willing to watch our kids for us every once in a while so that we can still date. I don't know what we would do without them!!

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...