Wednesday, February 25, 2009

What is THAT!?

I was leaving Walmart this morning and saw this guy with a huge, dark mark on his forehead. My first thought was "what is that!?" Then I noticed his wife had it too... it was just the ashes for Ash Wednesday.

After seeing these two people with their ashes I had a flashback. I grew up in the Catholic church and went to Catholic school all twelve years.... so of course we always had mass on Ash Wednesday and we all got to wear our ashes all day.

Well one year.... After waiting in line it was finally my turn and the priest stopped to cough and sneeze in to his hand.... the same hand with which he then took his big fat thumb and dipped it in the ashes and smeared them on my forehead. Needless to say all I could think was "YUCK!" and I was really grossed out.

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...