Saturday, May 2, 2009

The hardest part...

Friends come and go. It's part of life. Sometimes we just drift apart. Sometimes one friend decides to end the friendship.

I recently had a friendship end. I'm ok with it. It's what it is. I have other friends. But the hardest part is that Liza also lost a friend because of me... lets call her Suzy.... Liza loved playing with Suzy... the daughter of the no longer friend of mine.

How do you explain to a two year old that they no longer get to play with their friend because their Mommy doesn't want to hang out with me and she isn't old enough to make her own plans and get dropped off? How do I get her to understand? It breaks my heart that every time I tell Liza we are going to see friends or that friends are coming over to play she gets all excited and says "SUZY!!?" And I have to tell her no every time.

How long will it take for her to just forget?

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...