Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day Parade

I took the kids to the Memorial Day parade in town today. It was the first time they have been to a parade and they were much more in to it than I thought they would be. We met Mike's mom, sister and her fiance and they were a great help with the kids. I am glad that I didn't try to do it on my own. Not that the kids would have been bad... it's just always sooo much easier when there are more people to help out.

We had to go early of course so we could get a good spot to watch from. The kids took a walk and then colored for a bit to pass the time.







Since they had never been to a parade before they weren't really sure what they were waiting for... but as soon as it made it's way to us the kids were watching everything.









Liza got a couple lollipops thrown her way. She held on to them but had no idea what they were because she had never had one before. When we got home I let her have one and Jason enjoyed sucking on one too. Liza knew she had more and kept asking for them so I decided to try the potty thing again.... I told her if she peed on the potty she could have one. So she peed on the potty. Then she got her lolli, ate it up and told me she had to pee again. And she did. And so I had to give her another one. She peed on the potty all afternoon and evening. I need to buy more lollipops!!!



We are going to have to find more parades to go to this summer.

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...