Sunday, June 21, 2009

For my dad.



I have a really GREAT dad. There is plenty to love about him...

He has a really fun sense of humor. It's a bit odd... but I get it... probably because I have a similar sense of humor.

He is a hard worker. Mom and Dad raised the six of us and I know that there were times that were really hard financially... but we never went without. I never felt poor or needy. We may have had to wait a little bit to get something or do something we wanted to do but that is a good thing and has taught me how to wait for things even now.

Dad and I never talked a whole lot when I was growing up but I always felt like we had a little understanding of each other. Probably because we are so much alike.

My Dad always believed in me. He supported the things I loved and wanted to do. (He still believes in me today.)

He taught me how to stand up for myself and fight when I needed to.

One of the most important things I learned from my Dad was about my relationship with God. When I was growing up I often saw both of my parents' faith in action. I am so glad that they taught me about God and Jesus... and no I wasn't brainwashed in to Christianity. :)

And I love how my dad reads my blog to keep up with my life and my family now. I love that he calls me when he reads a downer blog just to chat or let me know he understands what I am going through. Dad always knows how to make me laugh and lift my spirits again. (I didn't say that so you would call me and tell me how great of a daughter I am Dad.)

Thanks Dad for all you have done and continue to do for me! I am blessed because you are my Dad.



HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!
I LOVE YOU!

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...