Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Thank you Lisa!

I'm pretty sure that making a deal with my sister about quitting sugar was the smartest thing I have ever done. It has helped tremendously!!

I've had plenty of opportunities to give in and eat those sweets but I always stop myself and remember that I do not want to have to send a dollar to Lisa for every one I eat. And it is getting easier and easier and easier to say no with every opportunity I have.

You see, I am a competitive person.... and making this deal has just enough competition in it to get me going. I refuse to lose! And I feel much better when I am not stuffing myself with sugary stuff.

Next to go is snacking at night after the kids go to bed. I do it A LOT. It's a habit. I do it whether I am hungry or not. It's just the thing to do after the kids go to sleep. I think we like eating then because we don't have to feed the kids and hide from them while we eat something so they don't beg us for it haha.

Changes are good and I am making a few... one at time... but I am making them.

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...