Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Update on Potty Training

First let me state that I hate potty training! Not fun at all. Very frustrating. I think in part because I'm the type of person that when something needs done I come up with a plan get to it and get it done. So with potty training I came up with a plan and got to it but I couldn't get it done.

We were off to a good start until Liza got bored of lollipops. Then she no longer cared. Grr. So I had to rethink everything and I got frustrated and put diapers back on her for a few hours. That was a mistake. So when she woke up from a long nap I had rethought some things, was refreshed because I had a nice three hour break and we started again.

I had her throw out all her diapers and we put them out for the garbage man to take. I told her she is not getting diapers ever again so she just needs to get used to peeing on the potty and keeping her big girl panties dry. She's asked for them a few times but I've told her no and reminded her we threw them away.

We also got M&Ms... it's cute when she asks for them because it sounds like "woman Ms". Anyways... she loves the M&Ms but I am still having a hard time getting her to tell me when she has to go. She goes through spurts... she will want M&Ms and tell me about every fifteen minutes that she has to pee... and she will. Then she won't care for a while. Grr.

I feel really stranded. We are stuck at home until she gets it a little better. I know some people do it a lot slower and take a few months but that's not my style. I hope it doesn't come to that for us because I will go completely NUTS. It's been only a few days and I am already going nuts. And how do you get a kid to poop on the potty?!! She won't. Today I told her if she does that I will give her a present and she got excited and started talking about taking the paper off. So I guess I am going to have to dig up a toy and wrap it up and leave it in the bathroom. Maybe that will work.

I just hate that we are stuck at home. It makes the days soooo long. We are used to getting up and going to the gym for an hour and a half each morning. I miss it. I think the kids miss it too. You can come visit us. We wouldn't mind.

Hopefully though she will "get it" and things will get back to normal soon.


media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...