Monday, August 3, 2009

7.6 Mile Hike (Lots of pictures!!)

Saturday was our second kid-free day and I am pretty sure that it was my favorite. In the morning we headed to McConnells Mill State Park and headed out on their longest trail. It's been a long time since we did a real hike... meaning something that we wouldn't do with the kids... and we had a really great time!!

McConnells Mill is a BEAUTIFUL park!



Ready to get this thing started!



Where the trail splits off... 7.6 miles to go.



We took the Slippery Rock Gorge trail and continued past the covered bridge and old mill on up the Alpha Pass trail.



I love good morning rays of sun.



Ready to climb... the trail goes up along the tree that fell. Good thing I have been doing step aerobics a lot lately!



We made it to the top where there was a small clearing and we could see across the creek to the other side. It was beautiful!







Taking a break.



The best person to be on a hike with!!!



We made it to the covered bridge and the old mill! Not far to go!!



It's been raining a lot lately... can ya tell!??



We made it! We are at the car! And it felt great to finish! They recommend planning a minimum of 4 1/2 hours for a part of the hike that is about six miles... we finished 7.6 in 3 1/2 hours. :)



It felt sooo great to be out in the middle of nowhere. No distractions. None of the mean people I need a break from. Just me and Mike, the trees and whatever critters were creeping around... and a few other hikers we passed along the way. I can't even remember the last time my head felt so clear and life seemed to have no stresses. Makes me want to pick a spot in the middle of the woods, build a cabin and move in!

Mike and I had so much fun on the hike that I am sure we will be finding more trails in the area and conquering them one by one.




media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...