Sunday, August 2, 2009

Answered prayer

My mom and dad have the kids for the weekend and Mike and I have really been enjoying our time together! My mom and dad are so great with the kids and I can completely relax knowing that they are being taken care of very well... and probably having much more fun than they do at home.

When my parents have the kids they don't call me just to check in... they wait for me to call them. That would be the reason that my heart skipped a beat when I saw that we had a missed call from them yesterday. I called right away and asked "what happened!?" Turns out poor Liza got sick. :( She was throwing up quite a bit and couldn't keep anything down. Mom was just wondering what I usually do for Liza when she got sick and told me not to worry and to continue enjoying my weekend.

I have to admit that my first instinct was to ignore my mom, get in the car and drive to her house so I could take care of Liza. I'm her mommy! But then common sense kicked in and I realized two things...

1. The next best person to take care of my sick kids if mommy and daddy can't do it is my mom.
2. There is nothing I could do for Liza that my mom couldn't do just as good, if not better.

So... I didn't run home for her. Instead Mike said a prayer and we got in the car and continued with our fun. I have to admit that I did feel kind of sad that I couldn't give Liza a hug... but I'm glad I didn't head to my mom's because when we called a few hours later at the kids bedtime my mom said it wasn't long after we talked to her that Liza was feeling better, keeping some drinks down and they were actually outside and playing.

I guess I need to say thank you to God for making my baby better and thank you to my mom for taking such great care of her.



media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...