Saturday, August 29, 2009

Baby Shower

When I moved to my current home a little over two years ago I noticed that shortly after someone was moving in across the street. I got a little bit excited when I saw them moving in a changing table because I knew for certain that just HAD to mean that they had a little baby and Liza was only six months at the time... I was just hoping for a friend for me and a buddy for Liza. Little did I know that Chelsea and I would become GREAT friends and we will remain friends when the day comes that one of us moves out of the neighborhood. And her little girl Ava is only two months younger than Liza and those two click like they were meant to be friends.

Chelsea is due with her second baby in a few weeks and this time she is having a boy. I thought it would be fun to throw a little baby shower for her and we had it last night. I spent the week getting everything together and planning it all out in my head. Showers can be tricky because there is a fine line between super lame and lots of fun. I did not want to have throw a shower and have everyone leave thinking "that was another boring one."

It was a lot of fun making everything in little boy colors and coordinating the entire night. I made these party favors and didn't have to spend too much on them. Probably ended up being a little less than a dollar a person. It's sixlets and the stars are kind of like sweet tarts or something. I got them at walmart and I found the tulle circles at the dollar store.



We started out the night having every one address their own envelope because it's always so hard to track down everyone's addresses. Then they all wrote a note of encouragement to Chelsea.

After that we had some good food from Panera Bread since that is where we had the shower. Too bad all if it was sugar and I couldn't eat it! (Read more about why I don't eat sugar here.) Then we played some games. We did the memory game with baby items and then played a Scattegories type game. Most people had never played that at a shower so it was fun to have something new for them. After that we did a simple activity called Mother Knows Best. (You can read about it on this site.)



Then Chelsea got to open all her presents. Everyone got her really great gifts and she got three home made blankets... the best kind to get! Here is the one that I made for her... (it's not a very good picture.)





She got her most necessary item... the pack-n-play. It is the one thing that was really REALLY needed because they have a small house and this will be baby's bed for a while.



Daddy and Ava showed up toward the end and a few people had brought presents for Ava. (So thoughtful!!)



We ended the night with some yummy cupcakes. (At least I hope they were yummy... once again I wasn't able to eat them since I am not eating sugar. But at least they looked cute!)



I'm pretty sure that everyone had a good time and didn't leave thinking it was lame. I had a lot of fun with the whole process and would do it all again if I get the chance. I was able to stay in my budget even though I had to get restaurant food. And it was fun to be in a room with a bunch of women just laughing and enjoying our evening together while we all did our part to make Chelsea feel special.

Congratulation Mike and Chelsea! I can't wait to meet Baby Ryder!! (And babysit for you!)





I'll just end with this photo. I have made some really great friends over the past year or two and these are some of my favorite people that make my life more enjoyable!





media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...