Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Blog Hop: Encouragement

This week's blog hop is all about being an ENCOURAGEMENT to everyone who visits your blog.


It's been quite a while now, but when I was going through what I call my "dark ages" (where I felt lost and alone) I was reading a book and the author said,

"I'm not ok. You're not ok. And that's ok."

To me that was really encouraging. EVERYONE has their problems, issues, crisis, whatever. EVERYONE. No one has a perfect life where nothing goes wrong. Everyone seems to have a secret somewhere.

This simple little quote gave me strength... strength to be real and honest about my life and courage to talk about it. I have learned to share my problems in life with those who care about me and once I overcome them I am able to share with more people and help them find some light in the dark.

I've stopped wearing the masks that cover up the problems. If something is wrong you will most likely know.

So there you have it... I'm not ok. But neither are you and that's ok too. :) I feel so much more free in life now that I don't try to put on a front that all is well. That was an exhausting way to live!






MckLinky Blog Hop

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...