Saturday, August 29, 2009

Day off.

Today is my day off. I'm doing nothing. Just relaxing and resting.

I've been so busy lately. It's strange... I always have little things going on and every once in a while something bit. But lately it seems like everything big is happening at once.

Last weekend I went to Ohio for the alumni staff reunion so I spent the week before figuring everything out that I needed to do for that... food, hotel, babysitter, packing (which means getting laundry done), times, etc. This weekend was the baby shower I hosted for my friend. That meant I spend all of last week planning for that and that kept me pretty busy. Next weekend is my sister-in-laws wedding and she asked me to be her photographer (which still makes me a little bit nervous because I soooo do not want to mess up.) That means that I will spend this week looking at photographer websites, getting ideas, charging batteries, making lists... and mentally freaking out once a day. But that's just part of the process for me.

I'm exhausted. And that is why I am taking the day off. I'm not cooking. I'm not giving the kids their baths. I'm not cleaning or doing laundry. I'm relaxing, reading a book and taking care of me.

Of course this is going to get a little bit complicated since Mike is going out with the guys tonight. But I'm prepared. I'm ordering pizza for dinner and I got some movies for the kids. We are going to have a relaxing evening of snuggling... hopefully. They are both napping now so they should be in good moods for the rest of the day.

Tomorrow it's back to work because we have a bunch of apples that need to be made in to apple sauce and canned!



media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...