Monday, August 24, 2009

Just a vent...

It's really not fair to tell someone "When I am around you I always end up feeling like poo and emotionally shut down" and then not give any examples, hints or clues as to what it is the person actually does wrong.

Yes. This happened to me. I thought we were friends. Everything was fine. And then one day I get that and the friendship is over.

When did things start going wrong? I have no idea.

What did I actually do or say? I have no idea.

So now I get to guess. What is it about me that would make a person feel that way? Now I am paranoid that everything I say or do is upsetting or offending someone. I'm often afraid to share my opinion or thoughts about something. And when I do I feel like I need to preface it with "this is just how I do it. I don't care how you do it. I'm not judging you." And I am sure that can be kind of annoying.

This person thought they were "helping" me by telling me that I made them feel that way... But really... what does it actually tell me? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. And how do you work on being a better person when no one will ever explain to you where you go wrong? It's tough.

But I just wanted to say that I think that was a really crap way of dealing with things. I feel better now that I got that out.



media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...