Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Last day of our kid free weekend.

On Sunday Mike and I decided to have a nice, slow-paced day. We were a bit tired and kind of sore from our hike on Saturday... and it was Sunday, our last day without the kids... we just wanted to enjoy our time together.

We started out at Volant Village Shops. They turned main street in this little town into a bunch of cute little shops. It's a nice place to go just to browse or find some cute gifts for others. It's just a cute place to have a leisurely day.



For dinner we headed to Shakespeare's Restaurant and Pub. It's a treat... not somewhere we go very often. Actually I've only been there once before. But the food is GREAT and the atmosphere is unique. Plus it isn't every day that you get to eat in a castle! :)







I'm so thankful for my parents for watching our kids for three full days. I've talked to a lot of people that have been parents much longer than we have and they all say the same thing... "I've never had a weekend without the kids!" So I realize that we are lucky. :) We have been given a gift and we can never say thanks enough for it!







media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...