Thursday, August 27, 2009

My wish list...

I have a wish list. Things I want. Things I need. Things that I think would be nice to have. The problem is that I never want to spend money on most of these things and the things I do want to spend money on are expensive and I don't really need yet.

I want a new Mamasan Chair.


I have one. It's old. I picked it up at a garage sale a few years ago for $30!! That's a bargain!! They are about $300 new and you need to find one at a store or you will be paying an arm and a leg for shipping. You are probably wondering why I want a new one if I already have one... well I am certain mine won't last a whole lot longer. Michael is constantly adding tape, rope and dow rods to keep it sturdy. And the cushion is getting less and less cushiony. I don't think I can live without a chair like this now that I have had one. It's great for cuddling, napping, relaxing. It was awesome to sleep in when I was pregnant (and hard to get out of) and it worked wonderfully on those nights when the kids were just babies and wouldn't sleep... we just snuggled up on the chair and fell asleep together... no one was going anywhere.




I don't quite NEED a new washer yet but I will soon. Mine is still dying but working if I beat it enough. I will be buying a new one soon. I should probably do my research so when mine actually does die I know what I want and can go get it.


I want a new camera lens.

The two I have (that came with the camera) just don't do it for me. I am missing the zoom range that I would most use. But this one costs $300 so I am going to have to wait. Maybe Christmas? Or tax return time? Or maybe I should just save up and get the $700 one I would like. Probably not. That would take too long.


I want a pearl ring. I just like pearls lately. I'm picky about my jewelry and I haven't seen a ring in a store I like yet. I like this one... in the picture anyways. Maybe Mike went and found one already and will surprise me someday. Maybe. haha.



Mike has been saying he wants a toaster oven for a long time now. I kind of want one now too. If I liked it enough I would put away my microwave and toaster and just use the new little oven. Microwaves aren't that great for you.


I would like these books... and many many others...










I want a lot of other things too. Like new clothes, new shoes, a vacation on a nice sunny beach somewhere. I want a house. I would like to be able to eat out every night so I never had to cook again. I want another crockpot... maybe a 3qt one so I can half my recipes and not waste so much food. I need new towels, new pans... especially a skillet... we haven't had one of those for a few months now. I threw ours out because it needed to be thrown out and I have just never bought a new one.

You see... we budget. We try to stick to it pretty well. We've been out of debt for almost a year now and we LOVE IT! We are saving for a down payment on a house... so that makes me stop before buying the new camera lens, or the new chair. I think I want a house more. Priorities. It's not always easy. And it is especially hard when you see others getting everything you want. BUT... when I do get these things that I wait and wait for I will enjoy them sooo much more. For some reason something you have to work for always seems sweeter and more rewarding in the end and you appreciate it more.

I had to wait for probably a year and a half to get my camera... maybe longer... but it was worth it. My camera is now just an extension of my arms and I use it almost every day. The wait was hard... but I don't think I would do it differently if given the chance to do it again.

So I will eventually get all the things I want. It just might take some time.




media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...