Friday, August 14, 2009

She calls me Mom.

Ever since I picked up the kids after our weekend away Liza has been calling me MOM. :( No more Mommy. No more Daddy. Just Mom and Dad.

It makes me soooo sad! She is not even three yet!! :( It just seems so grown up to graduate from Mommy to just plain MOM.

I could cry!

Most likely this all started because I call my mom and dad just that. And when I would call to talk to the kids before bedtime I think they would sometimes say "come talk to your mom". Liza picked up on it and is insisting that I am just MOM.

I try to correct her. It usually goes something like this...

Liza: MOM!
Me: It's MOMMY.
Liza: No. You MOM. (And if Mike is home she ads while pointing at him "you DAD".)

Hopefully this is just a phase. I miss her calling me Mommy.

My biggest fear... that Jason will pick up on this and just start calling me MOM and skip the whole mommy thing. That would be the saddest thing ever.



media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...