Wednesday, August 5, 2009

This is getting ridiculous.

23 days ago my dishwasher broke.

I rent so it isn't my thing to fix. We let the landlord know right away. Since then we have been calling her every few days wondering what is up. She told us that she was sick and then her maintenance guy was out... and lets just say it was a good thing she was talking to my husband instead of me because he was much nicer. I wanted to tell her that I didn't care. Business can't stop just because someone got sick or went on vacation or whatever. I want my dishwasher fixed. I would never have rented the place if it didn't have a dishwasher.

At the end of last week the landlord called to tell us she finally ordered one and it would be in early this week. Last night she told us that today is the day.

I had to wait for the phone call this morning that would let me know when it was coming. That made me miss my class at the gym. Grr. They said they were coming sometime in the afternoon... so my whole morning was wasted waiting for a call to tell me that my whole afternoon would be wasted.

FINALLY at 5:00 they came. I was thinking "Great. Dinner time and my kitchen is crazy small and there is no way I can feed the kids while they get the new dishwasher in." Turns out that wouldn't be a problem. I was told that they would deliver the new dishwasher, take out the old one and then hook up the new one. Nope. They just drop them off.

SO... I still have the old, broken dishwasher in place. It smells musty because it has water just sitting in the bottom of it that I can't get out. (Well I could if I wanted to soak it all up with towels... but who wants to do that!?) I have a sink full of dishes because I finally used them today instead of paper because I new I would be able to put them in the dishwasher tonight. AND I have a nice new dishwasher sitting in my dining room just begging the kids to explore it. GRRRR!

This whole process has been so frustrating... and I just needed to blog out the vent because Mike is working long today and I have no one to talk to about it and I hate to keep things in. Who knows when I will finally get to use the new dishwasher. I am SO TIRED of washing dishes. (I paid my dues in dish washing when I was a kid and had to wash dishes for eight. I'm done.)




media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...