Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Water fun

I was going to start by apologizing for having you look at a gazillion pictures in this post... but then I thought "why should I apologize for having them look at a gazillion pictures of my awesome, adorable children!?" So enjoy the gazillion pictures. I hope they put a smile on your face.

The other day we filled up the little plastic pool in the backyard and took the kids out to play. Liza was sooo excited. When she first got in the pool she just kicked and jumped and splashed and went a little crazy. She told me she was dancing. (Jason was inside screaming because he was getting his diaper changed and he hates getting his diaper changed.)





Jason finally made it outside and he decided he didn't want anything to do with the water. We tried to put him in but he just screamed. So he sat with Daddy for a while and then had some fun on the slide. (He says "weeee" when he goes down. It's awesome.)



Ava came over to play and usually she jumps right in the water with Liza... but not this time. I don't know what her deal was but she preferred the sand.



Liza just kept having fun by herself in the pool.



Eventually she must have tired of playing alone and decided to join the rest at the sandbox. It was nice because Mike was playing with the kids and me and Chelsea (Ava's mom/my neighbor/great friend) got to just sit and talk and not really have to pay attention to the kids. It was a nice little break for us.



And then, I'm not sure what happened, but I am thinking it was about the time I started preparing the kids to head inside. I told them it was almost naptime. I have to give them a few minutes to get used to the idea. But as soon as I said that all three kids were in the pool.

Liza was dumping buckets of water on everyone. (Bully!)







Ava was drinking water out of the bucket... when she wasn't dodging Liza's waterfalls.



And Jason suddenly was having a blast! He would splash and then look up at us with a great big smile and do his forced little laugh... and we would all crack up and he would do it again... and again... and again...













So there you go... but wasn't it worth me posting all those great pictures? Especially the ones of Jason and his big, full face smile!?! How about one more of the handsome little guy...






media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...