Friday, September 25, 2009

Bedtime Stories



I've been trying to be more intentional about what I do when it comes to bedtime.

We have ALWAYS had an 8:00 bedtime for the kids. They are always in bed at that time. But we don't really have much of a routine. The kids never seemed to mind but I think the routine will be nice for Mike and I.

After talking about it we decided that we will start getting the kids ready for bed at 7:00 so that we aren't just rushing through it all. They will get their baths and clean up their toys. (By starting early I won't feel frustrated when they don't clean fast and then just end up doing it for them.) Then whatever time is left we will spend reading their Bible, praying and singing songs until 8:00.

Both Liza and Jason seem to be really enjoying this time and I am loving it too. My kids are so snuggly and they love the stories and the songs. Liza is really starting to remember things from the Bible and she is starting to do her own parts of prayer more often. It's all really cute.

I think this is a good, positive change in our day. :)








media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...