Saturday, September 26, 2009

My almost surprise birthday party.

It was an almost surprise party because Mike told me about it... and it's a good thing because I don't do surprise parties. He planned it all out before telling me though! That was almost too much. :)

He called up some of my family and invited them to come out and celebrate with us. I was surprised that my parents were coming out. It's a two hour drive one way and they were just here last weekend for Liza's birthday. I felt special that they would do the drive again so soon for ME!

I had a great time visiting and watching everyone play with my kids. :) We ordered pizza for dinner... which was really smart of Michael because he knew enough not to make the plan too elaborate or I would feel the need to jump in and help. (He even cleaned the house for me!!) And for dessert... since I am not eating sugar Mike made my new favorite muffins.

My brother Dave and his family came.


Papa Mike and two of his grandaughters.


My kids LOVE their Papa Mike!!! (Although they don't look like it in this picture haha. I don't know what was up with the serious front... don't believe it for a second!!!)


Liza was tickling Rory.


Grandma Ann and Jason singing "the parents on the bus go shh shh shh."


Jason was pretty excited that he got the hat on his head all by himself.


Liza needed a hat too.


It was a nice relaxing evening. I'm enjoying my birthday weekend!!!




media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...