Monday, September 28, 2009

Please keep your breasts to yourself!

I'm currently doing Beth Moore's study on Esther. It's great so far and I am learning so much. I enjoy Beth Moore and how honest and real she is.

Last week at our meeting Moore went off on a little tangent while talking about mean girls. She was going on about how some women dress and that they do it for power. Mean girls don't care that you are sitting in the seat next to your man while he is looking at her boobs... all they care about is that they have the power to make him look. Moore was a bit fired up... as she should be! It's a situation that needs addressed over and over. She said "KEEP. YOUR BREASTS. TO YOURSELF!"

Amen sister!

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I do not want to see your cleavage... and I don't need you throwing it at my husband either. Honestly... there are people I know and like but I will not invite them to my home because of how they dress. Shirts that don't cover boobs. Shorts that are way too short. Pants that are too low with shirts that are too short... I don't like seeing butt cracks either. I will not invite them to meet me at the lake because I know they will be showing up in the itty bitty bikini. I'm not insecure... I just don't need to be bringing that stuff to my husband. I don't need to present him with a struggle that I can prevent. If you want to come to my house please cover it up. I don't want to have to worry that your boob is going to pop out of your shirt when you start playing with the kiddos. We don't want that show.

As Beth Moore says... "You CAN dress modestly and still be cute!" Let's all figure out how to do that please. And if you can't figure out the cute part as least go with modest and then ask someone for help on the cute.

I was at a wedding a few weeks ago. There was a girl there who was really beautiful... but no one was looking at her face because her boobs were displayed for all to see. Her dress covered less than her bra did because even her bra was showing. I don't know if she realized the effect she had... but I was watching... and I saw a lot of guys turning their heads away. They didn't want the view. I saw a lot of girls take their men and turn them so she would no longer be in view. I did it many times. I felt bad for the girl at her table who was sitting with her husband... they were across from the cleavage display... the poor guy had his head down half the time. He was probably struggling sooo bad with temptation and just fighting it the whole time. And the wife... the cutest thing ever... if I was her I would have been fuming mad that that girl came dressed the way she did and then was seated across the table from my husband. I would have found a reason to relocate or thrown a jacket over her. Or possibly punched her in the face. Seriously though... really pretty girl... but like I said... that's not what people were talking about. Where are her friends? Why aren't they telling her it's not cool? Or maybe her friends just don't know either. Someone please help them!

And please please PLEASE if you are around me and my family cover your boobs. You don't want my husband looking at them anyways right? (And if you do then you are no longer my friend!)



media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...