Saturday, September 26, 2009

What do you have time for?

Do you find yourself always saying "I'm just sooo busy!" Is it hard to find time for some things? How are you spending your time? On who and on what? Is it what is most important or are you throwing time away doing things that don't matter and then not having time for what does matter?

I know people who are always too busy... too busy for me. What does that tell me? That I don't matter to them. In reality I might... but what I also know is that we make time for the important things. We always have time for the things we WANT to do and the people we WANT to see... or at least we have time for a phone call. Right?

So when someone is continuously telling me that they don't have time to get together for lunch or whatever it just lets me know where I stand. I know not every one that I meet will become a good friend. But I also know that I don't want to be friends with someone who never has time for the friendship.

Get what I am saying?

Giving someone your time is a great way to show them that you care about them and the relationship. When we give our time to others we invest in something that matters.

Are your tv shows more important than someone you keep thinking about and know that you should call and say hello to? Is catching that sale where you probably won't really need anything you actually buy more important than lunch with a friend? Or family?

I know I need to readjust my priorities... AGAIN! I am always re-evaluating, re-adjusting. Cutting things out that no longer matter and adding things that do. But one thing is always certain... if you are my friend I will always find time for you... because you matter. :)



media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...