Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Wifey Wednesday





Sheila at To Love, Honor and Vacuum (which is a great blog by the way!) asks - Have you ever had a fight because your husband wanted to fix something? Do you have a special way of resolving conflict?

So... Fighting. I guess I'll just start by admitting that most of the fighting in this marriage is done by me. I'm a fighter. If something needs dealt with then I am going to deal with it NOW. I fight with words. And sometimes I fight over really stupid things. :(

Sure, Mike will sometimes do something and me getting upset about it is valid. BUT... I am responsible for my actions and I KNOW there are better ways to deal with things. I've come a long way but I still have a long way to go.

God gave me a great man and I have to say that I am thankful that Michael is as calm as he is because if there were two people like me in this house we would be a disaster. Over the years we have kind of come to an understanding... I know I don't deal with anger/frustration/disappointment in the best way. I'm working on it. But in the meantime Mike knows that sometimes I just need to walk away for a while and cool down and that he is NOT to follow me and try to talk to me at that time because that will just make it worse. Once I get a moment to calm down I will usually realize how completely stupid the whole thing is I am being, I'll apologize to Mike and then we I will be a rational adult and discuss the real issue.

Michael is amazing and he loves me unconditionally. I am thankful for that!! (Because sometimes I can be completely unlovable!) And because he has been such an example of loving me unconditionally I have been taking time during the past year to learn how to be more respectful (unconditionally). Learning more about how to respect my man and how much it means to him has helped me quite a bit in this journey to "fight nice".



See.... just like I said... It's always Mike's fault. :)




PS... we really don't fight much at all.

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...