Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

This year the thing that I am most thankful for is that I have this man in my life!!!



Yep. He's my hunky husband!!

I know I've mentioned bits and pieces about the past year or so... it was rough there for a while. We had some serious issues. No deal breakers. Those would be hard to come buy because we really meant FOR LIFE when we said it at the alter. We don't take that lightly. We made a promise to each other that we would never use the "D word" in a fight or argument. It's not an option.

But like I said... it's not always easy being married to each other. We are two humans that are very different. But we LOVE each other. No we don't always have the butterflies in the stomach, the fireworks in the sky, super in love feeling. We've grown past that to something much deeper. The in love feelings usually all fade over time... but it would be hard to destroy what we have together.

At one point we realized if we wanted to be more than two people living in the same house and actually share our life together again that we would have to put some effort in to it. We had to mend some things and that is not always easy. But it is sooo worth it!

I am thankful for every step that my husband was willing to take that makes US work. For everything sacrifice he makes for our family. For every day that he gets up and goes to work so that I can stay home. I am thankful for the two beautiful children he has given me. For every diaper he has changed and every bath he has given. For the nights off that he has given to me. I am thankful that he puts up with my moods and little tantrums and understands that sometimes that's just how I process. I am thankful for his patience. For his commitment. For his love.

Today we are stronger together than we have ever been. We laugh again like we did back in our first years of marriage. I miss him when I am not with him. I am once again falling head over heals in love with my husband!

Thank you Michael for being you, for being my best friend and for loving me... unconditionally!


media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...