Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Slow-cooked Chicken and Stuffing

I made this recipe the other night and it was soooo good! I think it should also be good with left over turkey which I will probably try... which is a crazy thing for me because I typically do recipes just as they are and I have a hard time switching them up. But I have some left over turkey in the freezer. :)


Cook time: 4 1/2 to 5 hours

2-1/2 cups chicken broth
1 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 can (4ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
1/4 cup dried parsley flakes
1-1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
12 cups day-old bread cubes (1/2 inch pieces)
2 eggs
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
5 to 6 cups cubed cooked chicken

In a saucepan, combine the first 10 ingredients. Simmer for 10 minutes; remove from the heat. Place bread cubes in a large bowl. Combine eggs and soup; stir into broth mixture until smooth. Pour over bread and toss well. In a 5-qt slow cooker, layer half the stuffing and chicken; repeat layers. Cover and cook on low for 4 1/2 to 5 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted into the stuffing reads 160 degrees.

Makes 14-16 servings.



Mmmmm. Yummy! Try it!!

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...