Saturday, December 26, 2009

People EVERYWHERE!

My entire family is here. All of us. In one house. One small house. That's a lot of people in a little space.

Thankfully Dave doesn't live too far away so that he and his wife and daughter can go home to sleep. That leaves only fourteen of us in the house at night.

Me, Mike, Liza and Jason are all sleeping in the same room. Jason is in the pack-n-play. Liza is in her tent. I thought it would be good to have a divider between them. Mike and I get the bunk beds... but we always just share the bottom one.

It's tough sharing a room with the kids. They have never slept in my room. I'm the only one out of the four of us that can breathe silently while I sleep. The other three are deep breathers so all night I get to listen to a chorus of breathing. It makes me think of the cartoons where there are a couple characters in a bed all snoring out some kind of rhythm. It's annoying. I was thinking about getting some ear plugs but after one night of no sleeping I was too tired to hear anything the next night.

I thought about sleeping somewhere else but there was nowhere to go. Tony and Grace were in a bedroom with a twin bed and an air mattress. No more room in there. Dad was in the small bedroom. Linda and her family were in my parents bedroom. Matt was on the couch. Mom and Lisa were on an air mattress. That's it. No more room. I can't even sleep on the couch because it is taken.

There are seriously people EVERYWHERE!

But it's fun. I'm enjoying it. It's kind of like living in the dorms in college... usually when you want to do something there is someone around who is willing to join you. I like it.

I will miss this come Monday when everyone goes back home. :(

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...