Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Clean teeth.

Last Thursday was Liza's first trip to the dentist. I probably wouldn't have taken her yet except that one day I noticed that she had a gray tooth. You might have noticed it in some pictures. That's how I first noticed it. The first time I saw it I freaked out and was calling myself a bad mom because how could I have not noticed it before! So I looked back through pictures from the two weeks before and it was not there. I swear it happened over night.

So we got an appointment for her at the dentist. And while we were at it we just scheduled Mike and I as well since it has been about three years. Don't give me a hard time about it... we don't have dental insurance. If we did I'd go all the time. (Maybe.)

Anyways... I got my teeth cleaned while Liza played with some toys they had in the room. She was so good. Mike was across the hall and she would walk over and see him for a minute and then come back. She eventually got curious and came over to stand beside me and held my hand. Then she got a bit more daring and just hopped up in the seat with me.

She was so cute!

Then it was her turn. Seriously... so cute. Mike and I just stood there watching her, our hearts growing bigger and bigger.



I don't think she was scared. Just uncertain. But she did everything the dentist said to do and she was pretty excited by the end.





This is what you do at the dentist... open wide! (We practiced for about a week before the appointment. Liza was pretty proud of herself.)



She was also pretty excited about her new toothbrush and toothpaste and was showing off her pretty smile.



Turns out the gray tooth is no big deal. Happens to kids all the time. She probably bumped it and it damaged it and it turned gray. The dentist said her son has a gray tooth... that made me feel better. I just wish that it wasn't right in front! Anyways... they aren't going to do anything about it since it will just fall out in two or three years. We just have to make sure it doesn't get infected.

Mike's teeth were fine too.

I unfortunately have to go back in a few days to get a cavity filled. I take good care of my teeth but always seem to end up with a cavity. :( I think it is in one of my wisdom teeth. Yes I still have them. No they don't bother me. But one does now have a cavity. Boo. I hate going to the dentist. Hate it.

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...