Sunday, January 31, 2010

Recipes

We tried some new recipes this week. Just things I found online or in cookbooks. I thought I would share with you the ones that I thought were really good. I apologize for my poor food photography. Click on the links to see better ones. :)


PASTA FAGIOLI 
(Kind of soup-ish. We had some good bread with it and that made a good meal for us.)


OVEN ROASTED CAULIFLOWER
(This was sooooo good! Try it! Tonight! Go buy some cauliflower now!)















(This was different for a macaroni salad but I still liked it. We used wheat noodles and I am sure that changed up the taste a bit. But still good!)


And this is my favorite meatloaf... which I only have when Mike is home to cook because I refuse to stick my hands in raw beef and mix it up. Eww.
PIZZA MEAT LOAF
1 envelope Lipton Recipe Secrets Onion Soup Mix
2 pounds ground beef
1 1/2 cups fresh bread crumbs
2 eggs
1 small green bell pepper, chopped (optional)
1/4 cup water
1 cup Ragu Old World Style pasta sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (about 4 oz)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In large bowl, combine all ingredients except 1/2 cup pasta sauce and 1/2 cup cheese.

In 13x9 inch baking or roasting pan, shape into loaf. Top with remaining 1/2 cup pasta sauce.

Bake uncovered 50 minutes.

Sprinkle top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until done. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

Makes 8 servings. (Should read... makes a TON!)



Well there you go... if you are tired of your recipes you can stop complaining now because I just gave you some more to try. We tried a new beef stew recipe in the crock last night but I didn't like it enough to share it. I'll be working at finding one I love. And we have a few new recipes on the menu for next week... including this flatbread pizza that my sister-in-law Kate posted yesterday. Can't wait to try it!


media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...