Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sunday Stealing

It's Sunday Stealing where we steal all types of memes from every corner of the blogosphere. Feel free to join in and link up at Sunday Stealing.


1. How long have you been blogging?
For about five years. I think I started out on xanga. Then myspace became big for a while. And now I've been on blogger for just over a year.

2. What made you start?

I think it was because I was at home by myself a lot. We were married and I didn't have a car so I was stuck. I didn't have a lot of friends at the time. Blogging became a way for me to get my thoughts out and feel that maybe someone was hearing them.

3. Who inspired you?

I don't know that I was really inspired by anyone. I think I saw a few blogs and decided to give it a go.

4. About how many hours a week would you estimate you spend on your blog?

Too many! But I love it. It's kind of become my main hobby.

5. What kind of experience or background do you have with writing?

Zip. Well, ya know, I took English classes in high school and college but I would never consider myself a write.

6. Talk about how you come up with blog topics. Where do you get your ideas?

A lot of things come from what my kids are doing. Lots of pictures. But really I just write about anything that pops in to my head. My blog doesn't have a theme or main topic. I don't split my ideas in to separate blogs. I just let it all out in one place.

7. What or who inspires you and your blog?

Umm... didn't we already have this question? Again... it's not really inspiration that keeps me going. I enjoy it. It's fun. I've met some really great people. I like it.

8. Where and/or how do your brainstorming for your blog?
I don't brainstorm. I am rarely without something to write about. But sometimes I get too many ideas at once and don't want to have ten posts in a day so I will write down my ideas so I don't forget.

9. Do you have any blogging rules or guidelines you follow?
Post often. :) Be real. Be honest.

10. Is there anything you will not blog about?

I won't blog about things that would embarrass or hurt those that I love. I won't blog negatively about any kind of work I do. (Which I RARELY do any kind of work so that's not a hard one.) I won't blog about anything that would jeopardize the reputation of myself or my family. And there are also some things in relationships that are just too personal to talk about... they should remain between the people that are involved and that's it.

11. Do you have any sort of a publishing schedule in terms of day of week or topic?

I try to post something in the morning but if I don't get to it I don't stress about it. I try to post every day.




There ya go. More than you ever cared to know about me and my blogging. :) Or maybe not. Maybe you have another question. Do you have another question?

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...