Saturday, March 27, 2010

Be more.

I'm tired of the world telling women that they need to DO more to be beautiful. More make up. More moisturizer. A new hair color or hair cut. The perfect wardrobe. Lose ten pounds. Botox. Boob jobs.

It's all surface stuff.

I once worked for a company and one day at a training they were going through the manual and the lady (that was pretty much reading from the book) said "Every woman looks better with a little bit of makeup." Excuse me!?? Gee thanks.... thanks for telling me that I don't look as good as I can because I choose to NOT wear make up. None. Never. (That's the day I decided to make my money back and then quit the company.)

That's right. I don't own one bit of makeup. I've never worn it. I wouldn't even know where to start. I'm not against makeup and I don't think you are a bad person for wearing it... I just don't feel that I need it and I certainly don't want it. Not because I walk around thinking I'm oh so hot that I don't need it. I just don't want to deal with it. I want to be able to be me just as I am and not have to worry that I don't look my best because I didn't have time to put on the makeup.

I like knowing that I can get showered, shave my legs and be ready to go out the door in 20 minutes.

I actually had someone apologize to me once when we met up because she "looks a mess because she didn't have time to put on makeup that morning." Really? Apologizing for not having makeup on? Because I thought she was beautiful without it.

Skin deep beauty is very shallow and will only take you so far. I wish that instead of the world's message that women need to DO more that it would teach them to BE more. Be more from the inside out. If we spent as much time caring for our hearts and who we are on the inside as we spend working on the outside this world would be a very beautiful place.

Some of the most beautiful women I've known were old and wrinkled with saggy boobs and horrible style... but they were radiant!

And that's what I have to say about that. And this morning just to show the world who's boss I washed my face with soap and skipped the moisturizer. HA!
I know... I'm real mature like that. :)

BE BEAUTIFUL!!!

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...