Monday, March 29, 2010

What I like. What I don't.

Have you seen that little box on my sidebar where you can ask me anything you want to? You should give it a try. :) Melissa did. She asked...

What are you favorite/least favorite things about blogger/blogging?

Do you REALLY want to know??? haha. I'll start with the things I don't like so I can end on a good note. :)

I really have no complaints with blogger. I like blogger. I've never tried a different blogging site so I have nothing to compare it to but I also have no reason to try a different site. So I'll be here for a while. But there are some things that bug me... like Friday Follow. I don't know why it bugs me so much. I've never tried it but it just seems to be a numbers game. Do it if you want but I kind of sort of don't even read a post that has the Friday Follow button in it. Sorry. Maybe you can change my mind about it... does it work? You get a gazillion new followers but do they actually "follow" you or just like to have you as a number to make them look like a super blogger that tons of people love?

Giveaways. Ok. I like SOME giveaways... but when you can start getting a gazillion extra entries for tweeting, facebooking or blogging about the giveaway... I usually skip those ones. I don't even have twitter and I won't use my facebook or blog for that. I advertise the blogs I like. You want me to advertise for you then be a blog to love. :)

People that get all "I'll follow you if you follow me." I only follow the blogs that I enjoy reading. I don't have time for all of them. I don't have time to read 527 blogs a day. I don't follow someone just because they followed me. Now if they are a frequent commenter I try to visit their blog from time to time to say hello. But please don't hate me if I don't follow you back. :)

People starting up two or three different blogs. This happened around January 1st this year. I think at least five people I follow started second blogs haha. If you do this you MUST keep up both of them. What tends to happen is that one (or both) of the blogs tend to start feeling neglected and I lose interest... in both. Please don't get offended if you have two blogs haha. I was just asked what I like least... I hate losing interest in blogs because of this.

Ok... enough of the complaining already!

What do I love about blogging??

I love the friends I have made.

I love that my family can keep up with my life since they all live all over the place.

I love the support I find in the hard times.

I love when I write about something crazy that happened or that I am feeling crazy because of the kids and I find out through all my commenters that I am not alone in these feelings. I am human.

I love when someone tells me about how one of my posts encouraged, inspired, helped them in some way.

I love when I write about a book that has changed me and someone goes out and buys it and reads it too.

I love having a place to write down my thoughts. It's my space and I get to be fully me.

I love knowing that my life is being written down. Not that anything will ever happen with it but at least I know... I know it happened.

And I love being able to go back through my posts and see how my kids have grown, how my family has loved, how God has changed me, and how I have lived.

Thanks to all of you who have made blogging fun for me!!! And thanks for the question Melissa! Who's next??? Just go to that little box and type in your question. If you want me to know who asked you have to put your name in the box as well. Otherwise it will be anonymous. (I have another question waiting for an answer and will try to get to that one tomorrow. It's taking some thinking!)

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...