Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Thanks.

Thank you to everyone who responded to my last post about discipline and Liza. And thank you to those of you who read and didn't jump all over me about spanking. I appreciate it!

I did get it all sorted out with Liza last night and she does know that I am the boss. (Ask her sometime who the boss is!) I'm HUGE on boundaries and what I say goes. I just questioned myself last night and that is something that doesn't normally happen so I didn't do what I thought I should. I think part of it was that when I threatened to spank and Liza looked right at me and said "do it!" something in me snapped a little bit. The attitude! The nerve haha! I think in that moment I decided not to spank her because my attitude changed. It would no longer have been the calm "I'm your Mama and I'm the boss and you do not talk to me like that" followed by a spank but instead had gone to a little bit more of... oh I don't know how to describe what I was feeling... but it would have all been wrong.

So I walked away and ignored it and got myself all sorted out.

She eventually stopped with that but started with something else so we went back to square one. I told her that if she did not get quiet I would spank her. She again told me to do it. This time I felt better about it so I went in and did it. As soon as she realized I was actually going to do it she changed haha. She was crying and saying NOOOO! But I told her when she tells me to do it I have to.

The night got much better after that.

Sometimes being a mom is really hard and it's tough to always know the right thing to do.

Live and learn. We all make some mistakes.

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...