Monday, May 3, 2010

Captivating

I've been thinking for a while now what I would actually write in this post. A few weeks ago my new friends and I wrapped up the small group study Captivating by John and Stasi Eldredge. It is by far the most wonderful, hard, rewarding small group that I have ever been a part of and God has healed my heart in so many ways.
 
I'm coming to realize that there just may  not really be words to describe the experience. We've laughed and cried together. We've shared our deepest hurts and aches of our hearts. We have turned to God for our validation and let Him tell us that we are truly beautiful. We have found healing for our hearts and hope for our futures.

Most of the girls in the group I met for the first time at our first meeting but they all accepted me immediately in to their group. The whole thing has been a God thing... starting last summer when I found the Study kit for a great price at a discount store. I told my husband "I HAVE to buy this! I probably won't do it for a while but I just know that someday I will have a group of girls to do this study with!"  To the very end and our little celebration at Shakespear's. The timing of everything that has happened in all the girl's lives can not be called coincidence.

If you ever have the opportunity to go through this study I highly recommend that you let nothing keep you from missing it! It will change your life, your heart, your view of yourself and your view of God.

God has taken me in to the depths of my heart to places that I thought were healed. I found that they can heal even more. God has given me peace, healing and closure in so many areas and I feel more whole because of this study.

I am growing and becoming more and more the woman that God has made me to be. I am learning to embrace who I am and be confident in God's unique design of "me". And I love that He finds me Captivating.

We decided to end the study by having a special night out. We all put on dresses and had dinner at Shakespear's... because it's a castle and it just made sense.


I'll be posting more pictures soon!

(PS... If you aren't sure which lovely lady I am... I'm the one on the far right and I loooove my dress!)
 
 
 

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...