Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

This has been a most wonderful Mother's Day!!

I celebrated by doing nothing. :) I told Mike that a perfect day for me would be one where I don't have to cook or clean or change diapers or deal with the kids at all. I wanted to be selfish and do what I wanted, when I wanted.

And that's exactly what I got!

I did have to work in the nursery at church this morning but I didn't mind. I just made it my gift to all those other mothers that got to go to church this morning and have an hour or so break from their little ones.

After church I went to Panera Bread. (Where else would I go to spend a little bit of time by myself!?) Mike got me a giftcard... might not seem like a big deal since I could just spend our money anyways but we budget. It's nice to get a bit extra to spend at my favorite place. :)

Then I went shopping. I wasn't looking for anything in particular... just enjoying being out by myself. I decided to visit my friend Chelsey and have her cut my hair. She works at a hair place in the mall. It was nice to visit with her. Then Mike took the kids to his parent's and I came home to an empty, quiet house. Lovely! And there were roses waiting for me on the table.

Mike and the kids will probably be home in about an hour and I will be ready to see them. I feel refreshed. There should be a Mother's Day once a month ha!

Anyways... I know it may seem a bit backwards for me to want to spend Mother's Day by myself but for me that is a priceless gift these days. I figure when the kids are little and at home a perfect way to celebrate the day is to have it off. I am sure when they grow up and move out I will be saying the perfect way to celebrate Mother's Day is to see my kids. But for now... just let me have my day off. :)

If you are a mother I hope you had a wonderful day!

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...