Friday, June 25, 2010

5QF

I like the questions this week over at Mama M's for Five Question Friday so I decided to join in since I am stuck in the house again with a kid who isn't feeling all that well.




1. Do you know how to play a musical instrument?
Yes. I taught myself the basics of guitar... very basic basics. I can play songs. It was surprising to me that I could learn this since I am not musical at all and I don't read music... but you don't have to read music to play a bit of guitar. However my guitar has been sitting in the closet for a few years. I grew bored of it because I couldn't advance any further on my own and I didn't want to pay for lessons. And I don't sing. Playing guitar would be much more fun if I could sing.

2. What is your pet peeve while driving?
I hate when people come up real close behind me even though I am doing the speed limit or higher. It's like they are trying to tell me that I am not going fast enough for them... which makes me slow down and go a little bit under the speed limit. I win.

3. Would you rather have a housekeeper or unlimited spa services?
I think this is the most unfair question you could ever ask a mom! I always say that if I had more money we would hire a maid. But unlimited spa services??? Umm... could I maybe just get a housekeeper that made giving massages to the mamas part of her services??? Because that would be the ultimate deal! Now that I'm thinking about it I AM due for another massage.

4. Is there a song that you hear that will take you back to the moment, like a junior high or high school dance?
No. Not really. But I always love the three or four random times each year that I have the radio on and hear Ice Ice Baby. Ha! And I still remember all the words. It makes me feel young again. :)

5. What song best represents your life right now?
It's Me by Sarah Groves. It's about how we can go from good to bad in a marriage and become so cold to each other. But eventually we begin to soften again and "the girl in me is crying out to the boy in you... it's me." That's the reality of my life right now. No other song could say it better. I actually wrote a post on it a while back. You can read it here if you would like. The song is also in that post.


Ok. That's all for now. :)

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...