Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Bizarre

Last night I was sitting on my couch in my living room watching tv. Just chillin. I moved my left foot over my right foot and all of a sudden had intense pain in my toe next to the big one on my left foot. It was bleeding so I grabbed a tissue and squeezed it and was kind of freaking out (I freak out a lot) while looking for something sharp that would have cut me. I couldn't see anything. I was confused. I was starting to wonder if my body was just going crazy and making up cuts.

Mike couldn't find anything out of the ordinary either.

I got a look at the cut and it didn't seem too big. Just kind of deep. I was grossed out. Freaking out. Trying not to cry because it really hurt.

About five minutes later I look down at the foot that was good saw this shining little piece of glass. There was a piece of glass... just laying on my foot. Where did it come from? Again I was confused.  How did it get there? I thought and thought and though until a-ah! I knew where it must have come from. I sent Mike to explore and we found I was right.

I had unloaded the dishwasher about twenty minutes earlier and sure enough one of the glass baking dishes had a small sliver of glass that chipped off. It must have landed on my foot while unloading and just rested there until I cut my other foot on it.

Bizarre.

It's actually a little bit bigger than I originally thought. The cut is about a 1/4 inch long. And it is a bit deep. It still  hurts a little but I'll get over it. I cleaned it... which HURT. Then I wrapped it up for the night and I'll probably do the same today. I'm just a bit bummed because I am going to have to wear socks and sneakers for a while instead of flip flops so it keeps the dirt away from it and I am going to have to watch what I do at the gym so as not to continue to rip it open and have blood all over the place. Ugh.

What an annoying place for a serious cut. Right on the bottom of my toe.

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...