Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Craziness

It's Wordful Wednesday at Seven Clown Circus

 
******************************
 
 
This week hasn't gone at all like it was supposed to. Not even close.

The plan was to visit my parents Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. I woke up Monday morning with a mile long to-do list but never got very far on it. The kids decided to make it a day where they would start fighting the moment they got up. Eventually I was so fed up with it that I just put them in their beds and left them there until they calmed down. It took a while but I knew if I got them out too soon then nothing would change.

When I went to get Jason out of his bed I realized he was burning up. Hot. I took his temperature and it was already 102. My whole day changed.

It wasn't long before his fever reached 104 and I was a little nervous. He was still drinking and holding things down but the fever wasn't coming down at all. My baby was sick. He laid on the couch all day watching movies and drifting in and out of sleep.


I had to cancel our trip to my parents which cut my to-do list in half but left Liza a bit disappointed. We will have to reschedule soon. But even if Jason was feeling better on Tuesday I would have never been able to get packed with all the hugging and snuggling that he needed.
 
 
 Tuesday his fever was down to 101 all day and he was feeling well enough to be fighting with his sister again. There was a lot of whining and crying yesterday. It wasn't fun at all. I would have rather been at my parents because the kids don't fight as much when we are at someone else's house.


This morning Jason is back to normal. He's eating breakfast, laughing and being himself and his temperature is back to normal. Thank goodness too because it is going to be 87 degrees today and we don't have air conditioning. I can't imagine being trapped in the house all day.

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...