Thursday, June 17, 2010

Discipline

(Just to clear things up... this all happened about two weeks ago. It's over and done.)

Yesterday I wrote about the night that God asked me to wash Mike feet.

The following is what I wrote in my journal the night after washing Mike's feet...

Well... I did it. I came home and washed his feet. I didn't want to. I prayed the whole ride home... after putting off coming home. I even prayed like Jesus... If there is any other way! Take this cup! I asked God "Do I REALLY have to do this?" He said yes. I asked him if he would help me. He said yes.

And so I washed Mike's feet. I couldn't look at him. I knew I would lose it. I didn't look at his face until I was done. And when I did it all just flowed out. The tears. The apology. Or I should say apologies. Then we hugged and cried together.

I am still not exactly sure why God asked me to do it. But I do know that he knows what he is doing. I also know that something changed tonight. I can't explain it but I know that it is good.

When we were done crying Mike asked "why did you wash my feet?" The only answer I had was "because God told me to."

Obedience to God is necessary. I can't do this marriage thing on my own and I don't want to any more.

Funny that the verse that stood out to me that day while reading my Bible was Proverbs 3:11-12...

 "But don't, dear friend, resent God's discipline; don't sulk under his loving correction. It's the child he loves that God corrects; a father's delight is behind all this." (The Message)

God is definitely disciplining me and he is definitely a loving father about it.

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...