Thursday, June 24, 2010

Meat Loaf, Potato and Carrot Packets for the grill

I know things have been a bit light and fluffly around this place lately. I keep telling myself I need a little more content. I can't just keep throwing pictures up and saying I love my kids every day. But some weeks my brain just needs a break.

I've been soooo tired this week. With Jason being sick, Liza being Miss Defiant all the time, plans having to be changed all over the place, power outages, an empty fridge, a house that looks like a tornado went through it five times and a husband with a job that has him out of the house from before the rest of us wake up until sometime after dinner most days... my mind just doesn't want to think.

I'm on autopilot and just getting through the days.

Anyways... I decided that I should at least leave you with something that you could possibly use and since my friend Autumn asked for grilling recipes I will give you one of those...



MEAT LOAF, POTATO AND CARROT PACKETS

1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 envelop (1.1 ounces) onion recipe and dip soup mix
1 egg
3/4 cup plain bread crumbs
1/3 cup ketchup
1 package (1 pound 4 ounces) refrigerated new potato wedges (can substitute regular potatoes. Cut them and microwave them until they start to get soft.)
3 cups baby carrots
Fresh parsley, if desired

1. Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. Cut six 18x10 inch pieces of heavy -duty aluminum foil. Spray with cooking spray. Mix beef, soup mix (dry), egg, milk and bread crumbs. Shape in to six loaves, 4x2 1/2x1 inch. Place loaf on one side of each foil piece; top each with about 1 tablespoon of the ketchup. Place about 1/2 cup potatoes and 1/2 cup carrots around each loaf.

2. Fold foil over loaf and vegetables so edges meet. Seal edges, making tight 1/2-inch fold; fold again. Allow space on sides for circulation and expansion.

3. Cover and grill packets 4 to 5 inches from medium heat 25 to 30 minutes, rotating packets 1/2 turn after 15 minutes, until vegetables are tender, beef is no longer pink in center and juice of beef is clear. Place packets on plates. Cut large X across each packet; fold back foil. Garnish with parsley.

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...