Monday, June 28, 2010

Passion

It's currently 12:22 AM and I can't sleep. I'm exhausted but my heart is so alive. Yesterday I got to help a friend photograph a wedding and I had such a great time. I spent some time today doing edits and I have to be honest... I've looked through my pictures quite a few times. And every time I look at them I get excited and I sit here thinking "there is no way that I took these photos!" I got better. I've definitely improved.

So what does this have to do with me not being able to sleep? Well... I made the mistake of looking at the pics one last time before I went to bed and then I got excited all over again. I laid down and tried to sleep but I was pretty certain my heart would burst. You see... I looooove photography. LOVE IT! I can't get enough of it.

Passion:  a strong or extravagant fondness, enthusiasm, or desire for anything.

I have a passion for photography.

God has given me dreams of where this all can go some day if I just continue listening to Him and doing things in His time. It's been working so far so I don't plan to go off course and decide to jump ahead of his plan. But tonight the dreams are so exciting. I can't sleep. My heart is racing. I'm getting glimpses of the big picture and it is going to be awesome!

I love being able to look back and see the journey... to know that trusting God and waiting on Him... from buying my camera and now waiting on starting a business... is all worth it. I believe that God is increasing me in ability and he is bringing opportunities my way to help me learn and grow.

I did the wedding yesterday and I gotta tell ya... I want to do more!! I had a blast. Something happens when I get my camera in my hand. I totally become the photographer. It's just a good fit for me. And while it is physically exhausting I always come home with a refreshed heart.


I'll be sharing pictures from the wedding throughout the week... It was by far the cutest wedding I have ever been to.




If you want to know more about the road I have walked with my photography and how God fits in to it all you can CLICK HERE.



media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...