Thursday, June 10, 2010

Shut your mouth Laura!

I talk. I talk all the time. I'm a talker. It's easy for me. Maybe too easy. Maybe I need to have a smaller filter on my mouth and think before I speak more often.

Thank you very much Gary Chapman for your book The Four Seasons of Marriage. <--Sarcasm. Kind of.

My advice... do not ask God to help you to have a better marriage if you don't want to take off your rose-colored princess glasses and take a good hard look at yourself.

In The Four Seasons of Marriage Chapman reminded me of Proverbs 18:21...
"The tongue has the power of life and death."

Ugh! (I've been saying that a lot lately.)

Chapman goes on to say...

You can give your marriage new life when you begin to express verbal appreciation to your spouse. When you replace condemnation and criticism with words of affirmation, something inside your spouse will begin to warm toward you. In due time, he or she will begin to think of you in a more positive light, and more positive behavior will soon follow. This is not manipulation; it is simply the natural result of feeling appreciated.

The tongue has the power of life and death. I think I need to stop killing my marriage.

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...