Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Update on Caleb

Caleb had his surgery this afternoon to connect the two parts of his esophagus. Everything went great. Caleb will be in the hospital for two to four weeks recovering.

Caleb currently has a feeding tube, which was not possible before the surgery. He has a chest tube as a precaution in case there is any leakage. And he is hooked up to a respirator because he is on muscle relaxants so that he doesn't do anything to irritate the esophagus for a while.

Please continue to pray for him! Pray for:
1. No leakage. (If there is leaking they would have to do something bizarre with a balloon and stretching. Yeah... medical stuff.)

2. No infection.
3. A completely functional esophagus.
4. Pray for Tony and Grace as well... they are not able to hold him for a few days as he recovers. Can't be easy.

Tony told me to make sure that I thank all of you for your prayers. He has been on my blog and saw your comments and he appreciates every one of you who has taken the time to care about his son and say a prayer.

media buttons for post


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...