Monday, July 5, 2010

Fireworks go BOOM BOOM BOOM

On Sunday I saw fireworks again for the first time in probably four years. Ever since having kids we have just always decided to stay home. The kids go to bed at 8:00... that's a lot earlier than the start of fireworks. However, on Sunday they both took really good naps so we decided to give it a try. After all, I was pretty bummed that I missed the ones on Saturday night due to the massive headache.

And really... what it all comes down to is this... I wanted to try to photograph fireworks. I know. It's selfish. :)

We headed downtown and found a spot where we would have a good view but still be away from the large crowd. And then we sat and waited. The kids did awesome. I told them that fireworks are really loud and go BOOM and they kept saying over and over all excited that "fireworks go BOOM BOOM BOOM!" And when people in the neighborhood where we were waiting starting lighting off some smaller ones the kids were ecstatic and just sat there doing their little giggle. It was awesome.


Mike's family met us there and that meant that my hands were free for photography. :) Grandma, Papa, Ariel, Rachel and Greg are way more exciting to the kids than mom and dad who they get to see every day.

I didn't mind. I would have never been able to get these photos with a kid in my lap. It's not easy holding still for a second while the shutter stays open. But I did it... because I was too lazy to set up my tripod which was in my van.








Not bad for my first attempt ever at photographing fireworks. I'm going to have to find some more again some time so I can try again!

Of course I'm not so sure I'll keep the kids up again next year. They definitely made me pay for it with all their whining today. I even cut our grocery shopping short for the first time ever because I could tell they were on the brink of a meltdown. Oh well... we can shop another time. Fireworks only come around a few times a year. :)

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...