Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Photography Question

I have a question. I have run in to this problem more than once and I am hoping that some of my photography friends out there have some advice for me.

When I shoot a wedding and it's time to get some pictures of the guys this is the problem I run in to (as did my friend so I'm thinking it's not just me!)... The guys faces are always all blown out and really bright.


I know this picture is a little bright all over. I didn't edit it. But look how bright the faces are! It's like that in so many of the pictures.

I'm thinking that maybe, possibly, it could be because they are all in black but have that bit of white that just reflects light in to their faces?? Anyone? Any clues to this?
 
Either way... whether that is the problem or not... I need to know how to fix this. I don't want to know how to edit it. I want to know how to have it not happen when shooting the picture.

Do you have this problem too?
What do you do about it?
HELP!

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...