Friday, July 30, 2010

Servant to all.

When did I become so selfish? When did I start thinking that it was all about me and what I wanted and needed?

The other day while reading my Bible I was convicted of some things... again. In Mark 9:35 Jesus says "If anyone wants to be first, he must be the very last, and the servant to all." The servant to all... including my husband. I'm always thinking of ways that he can better serve me. I've got it backwards. Very backwards.

I'm really good at serving others. At least I think I am. (I might get convicted about that area of life tomorrow.) I love serving others. But it seems to stop when I am at home.

Just another thing to add to the "workin' on it" list. It's getting a little bit long. I didn't realize I was this far off the path. Ugh.

On a good note though... things are looking up in our marriage! All this conviction and change is me is bringing about great things in my relationship with Mike and I like it. :) We are moving out of the fall season and in to something much warmer and sweeter.

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...