Friday, July 16, 2010

We made it!

After the craziness of setting out on our trip to visit my parents only to have to turn around ten minutes in to the trip due to car trouble... we are here. We actually came last night. Mike came home from work around 5:00 and was surprised to see us. After explaining the situation and how sad we all were he said "Why don't I call my parents. I can see if I can borrow their Suburban (because no one drives it right now) and you can take our car and go for the weekend. I'll help you move the stuff to the car and help get the kids ready."

MY HERO!


We are in St. Marys, PA. Home of Straub's Beer. That's really no big deal to me because I have never cared for beer but it's one of two reasons that people know of this town. Conversations usually go something like this...

OTHER PERSON: Where are you from?
ME: St. Marys.
OTHER PERSON: Oh yeah. I know of that place. Straub's Brewery?
ME: Yep.

Or...

OTHER PERSON: Where are you from?
ME: St. Marys.
OTHER PERSON: Oh yeah. I got a huntin'/fishin' camp out that way. It's beautiful out there.
ME: Yep.

And it is beautiful here. We've been enjoying our time so far... visited some friends, went to see Grandma Jean at her Greenhouse and got to see Papa Mike at work and have lunch with him. It was fun. But I'm a little concerned about the rest of the day. Liza managed to keep herself up until 11:30 last night and woke up at 6:30 this morning. That's only seven hours of sleep when she usually gets 11-12. And she is fighting the nap right now. She's tired. You can tell by how she acts. She just won't let herself settle down and fall asleep.

Funny how I always forget how bad she sleeps when we come here. Ugh. Hopefully she sleeps well tonight and lets me sleep as well. I hate not getting enough sleep. I need my 9-10 hours.

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...