Sunday, July 4, 2010

What a waste.

Yesterday Mike and I had a wedding to go to and we didn't know what time we would get home. His family agreed to watch the kids for us and keep them overnight. Woo hoo! We were getting 24 hours without kids. We finally had a night where we didn't need to get home by a certain time. We could do anything we wanted.

Well... it didn't work out so well.

We went to the wedding and had a lovely time but I had a small headache all day. On the way home I started getting car sick which made it worse. I decided it would be better if I drove... and it was but the new problem was the sun. I was squinting the whole ride. This made the headache even worse.

When I got home I had about enough energy to get up the steps, in the door and to the bathroom where I sat on the floor in front of the toilet because I was afraid I was going to puke. I had the worst headache I have ever had. I made Mike turn off every light in the house and eventually got two tylenol down and crawled to the couch where I fell asleep for a while... after crying about the night being ruined. I was disappointed. We were going to get to see fireworks for the first time in a couple of years. What a waste of a night without kids!

Thankfully the tylenol kicked in and I was able to get to bed and sleep well. It was really nice to be able to wake up and not have to get the kids for once. We went out to a buffet restaurant for breakfast and filled ourselves fat and then headed to my in-law's for our 4th picnic. Gooood food. Hot dogs on the fire. It was nice.

And since the kids both took really long naps today we are going to head out soon to catch some fireworks. I think they will like them. And hopefully they don't make me suffer all week because they didn't get to bed on time tonight. We'll see. Either way we will be keeping busy because it is going to be in the 90s most of the week and we don't have air conditioning. I'm thinking the lake will be a nice place to hang.

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...